Atelier Farm -- vegetable, fruit, herb, and flower -- grows biologically for a small-scale, year-round, free-choice CSA. Sign-up while there's still room, as we have space for just 25 shares.
Come to the farm any Wednesday in Summer, 3-7pm, for a trial run, and Eat Like a Farmer!
Get Your Share for Free! Two ways: 1) Join our Raffle for $20, win a summer of yum; 2) Get 10% cash back for every share you successfully refer into the CSA, up to the price of your share.
If you have questions, please ask them,
See you on the farm,
Eat Like a Farmer
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), beneath its mechanics, is a relationship between a farm -- its land, its farmers, its food -- and all the folks who eat from that farm. It is only incidentally an alternative buying scheme, but principally a reinvestment of sense and meaning to land and the food it gives us. It is about making this farm, your farm: your drought, your rain dance, your rain. Your abundance. In each tomato resides an entire summer, and if we do it well, you know this too.
CSA members make a commitment to support the farm in summer while the snow still falls in winter, then receive a weekly share of the harvest all season long. Your commitment is very literally our seed money. But one doesn’t just buy, one buys into: the CSA, the farmers, the farm, and the land that founds them all. What comes from these seeds, then, is not just food, but a food weighty with meaning. As a member of our farm, you get freshness, tastiness, transparency, a fair price, and a farm to call your own.
What Makes Us ... Us
There is no cookie cutter mold for a CSA; each is unique. Here's what makes us ... us:
- Free Choice Veggies: We love eating like a farmer, and we want to share the love. Ours is a free choice, buffet-style CSA, meaning that you take what you like in the quantity you need for the week.
- Diversity: We grow vegetables, fruits, culinary & medicinal herbs, and flowers numbering hundreds of varieties -- enough to have a different one each day of the year.
- Year-Round: We grow food 365¼ days a year, and your CSA can last just as long.
- Value: The very literal seed money that you provide by way of early investment in our farm, we pay back with interest, vegetatively. At something like 20%, our aim is better than the historical stock market. How's that for a value in line with our values?
- Pay on the Way: After a downpayment, feel free to choose how you would like to "pay on the way" with post-dated checks.
- Small Scale Biological Innovation: We are an intensively managed farm committed to measuring things -- including our lives -- by the human scale. We believe in agricultural innovation, ecosystem regeneration, the livelihood of farming, and the possible goodness of our work.
What You Get
Greens: Arugula, Asian Greens (Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, Tokyo Bekana, Tatsoi, Vitamin Green), Cabbage, Chard, Collards, Kale, Lettuce, Spicy Mesclun, Spinach. Veggies: Asparagus, Broccoli, Beans (Dried, Snap, & Soy), Cauliflower, Celery, Corn (Sweet & Popcorn), Cucumber, Eggplant, Leek, Okra, Pepper, Scallion, Shallot, Peas, Summer Squash, Sweet Potato, Tomato, Winter Squash. Roots: Beet, Carrot, Celeriac, Fennel, Kohlrabi, Onion, Parsnip, Potato, Radish, Rutabaga, Sunroot, Turnip.
Fresh when in season, cold storage when out. Most of our orchard fruits are years away from bearing, but in the meantime we have husk cherries, melons, watermelons, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Please do have a traipse around the farm to see the orchard's development, as it's a large part of the future of the farm. To mature: Apple, Blueberry, Sour & Bush Cherry, Elderberry, Fig, Jostaberry, Kiwiberry, Muscadine Grape, Goumi, Jujube, Pawpaw, Peach, Asian & European Pear, Persimmon, Pomegranate, Rhubarb, Saskatoon, Seaberry.
Basil (Italian, Thai Sweet, Holy), Chives (Regular & Garlic), Cilantro, Cutting Celery, Dill, Fennel, Garlic & Scapes, Ginger, Hot Pepper, Lavender, Lemongrass, Lovage, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Sorrel, Tarragon, Thyme, Turmeric.
"Tea" & Medicinal Herbs
Fresh when in season, dried when out: Anise Hyssop, Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Burdock, Catmint, Chocolate Mint, Dandelion, Echinacea, Ginger, Holy Basil/Tulsi, Lemon Balm, Lemongrass, Milky Oats, Motherwort, Mountain Mint, Nettle, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Spearmint, Skullcap, St. John's Wort, Tea (Camellia; one day), Turmeric.
"We Pick, You Choose" Flowers
Available in season, June to Mid-October. Enjoy our "we pick, you choose" flowers, and make your own bouquet. Bulbs are coming: Achillea, Ageratum, Agrostemma, Alchemilla, Allium, Ammi, Antirhinnum, Aster, Bracteantha, Bupleurum, Calendula, Campanula, Celosia, Centaurea, Cerinthe, Consolida, Coreopsis, Cosmos, Craspedia, Crocosmia, Dahlia, Dianthus, Echinacea, Echinops, Emilia, Eustoma, Gaillardia, Godetia, Gomphrena, Gypsophila, Helenium, Helianthus, Hesperis, Heuchera, Iris, Kniphofia, Lavandula, Lavatera, Lepidium, Leucanthemum, Liatris, Lilium, Limonium, Linum, Lupine, Lychnis, Matthiola, Monarda, Nigella, Orlaya, Physostegia, Ratibida, Rudbeckia, Salpiglossis, Salvia, Scabiosa, Sedum, Solidago, Tithonia, Trachelium, Tulipa, Verbena, Veronica, Xerochrysum, Zinnia.
$20 a week for Adults
$4 a week for Children (5 and under are free)
Pay on the Way: $X downpayment, THEN $Y checks every Z weeks. Let's agree on X,Y, & Z.
Note: Everyone who eats the food must sign-up. Thank you.
Raw-vegan? Let's talk!
Automatic Enrollment in our Free share raffle!
10% cASH bACK of every share you refer into the CSA
get 20% more for your dollar than at the Farmers Market*
*It's a free-choice model, but this is what the historical numbers show.
Logistics & Details
- Pick-ups: On the farm, Wednesdays, 3-7pm (every other week in Winter).
- Seasons: Summer, June through November. Winter, December through May.
- Quantity: Take what you like for the week to come.
Full-year members are welcome to put food by for later.
- Limits: Limits will appear if we hit them. While the orchard still comes in, some fruits may be limited. From year to year, particular crops may fail to thrive, and so we might bump into a limit with them. Also, if the $ in:out ratio looks excessive -- by gaming, or otherwise -- we will find a solution. If you eat a raw vegan diet, let's talk!
- Bags: Please remember to bring your own, as well as extras to leave for those who forgot.
- No Shows: Feel free to stop by our stall at the Saturday Hollymead Farmers' Market (8:30am-1pm, May through September) to gather what you like from the limited selection that we take there. Also, do remember that, on average and by farmers market prices, you have two free months a year already built into your share.
- Refunds: Because we buy, plant, weed, irrigate, nurture, and harvest a seed just for you, and this process begins months before a CSA season begins, backing-out of your commitment leaves us in a tight spot. We cannot guarantee a refund – whole or partial – but if we have someone to take your share, then, yes, absolutely, you get your money back. That's what you want. That's what we want. / Notify us that you would like to sell your share -- as in the stock market -- and we will notify you when we have someone to buy it.
- Travel Speed: To respect your fellow members, and our neighbors, we ask that you please drive slowly and carefully both on the farm and while nearing it. Thank you so much!
- Private Property: Atelier Farm leases its land from a private landowner, and the land, as such, is private property. Please do not come to the farm except during the pick-up hours, or during a prearranged meeting time.